All over the world known brand Transcarpathian cognacs "Tisa", "Uzhgorod"and " Carpathians". No less popular are ordinary cognacs "Three stars", "Five stars", "Transcarpathian", "Nevitsky castle"and " Beskids". Their production is a fairly young branch of winemaking in Transcarpathia. It was founded in 1959 in the village of Bolshye Lazy, Uzhgorod district, where the first batch of cognac alcohol was poured into oak barrels. Subsequently, in 1961, the Transcarpathian cognac factory was established. On it in 1962, the first batch of ordinary cognac "Three stars"was born. Its vintage counterpart "Tisa" came off the Assembly line in 1967 and was immediately highly appreciated by tasters, and subsequently won two silver medals at international exhibitions. During the years 1967-1970 there was a rapid expansion of the plant's production. Gradually, all the production facilities of the Transcarpathian cognac factory were relocated to the regional center. That is why, a little later, in 1977, the Transcarpathian cognac factory officially began to be called Uzhgorod cognac factory.
The village of Izki is located along the road from Volovets to Mezhgorye, just behind the village of Pilipets. It has a population of just over 800 people. Once the village of Pilipets was not a separate locality, but was a part of Izok
Due to the fact that the resort village of Shayan is almost surrounded by the slopes of the Carpathians, it has a unique microclimate, which is characterized by almost complete absence of wind. The main wealth of Shayan is the sources of mineralized silicon hydrocarbonatnonatryevoy water (such as "Borjomi" and " Vichy-Celeston»)
During the 1960s and 70s, two dozen wooden buildings of the XVIII-XX centuries were moved from the villages of the Transcarpathian region to the territory of the Museum. This is one of the first open-air museums or skansens in Ukraine. It began operation on June 27, 1970. The Museum is located not only as an " exhibition of achievements” of folk architecture of Transcarpathia, but also as a small independent village.
The city of Hust is located at the confluence of the river Rika with the tisu at a distance of 112 kilometers from the regional center. The Uzhgorod–Solotvino railway and the Uzhgorod-Rakhov highway pass through the city. The population of Khust is about thirty thousand people.
There is a version that the name of the city of Hust is an abbreviation of the names of the crown cities of the Maramorosh zhupa, namely: Gossumese-Long Field-Campolung (now in Romania) – “G”; Uishk – Vyshkovo – “V”; Sygit – Sigetul Marmara (now in Romania) – “S”; Techo – tychev – “T”. Thus, the first letters of the names of these cities gave the name of the city "GUST", which was later transformed into Hust.
Kolochava consists of five farms: Lazi, Hump, Bradolets, Sukhar, Mereshor, and the length of Kolochava is more than 15 kilometers.
Kolochava was once famous for the novel "Nikolai shugay" by the Czech Communist writer Ivan Olbracht. A novel dedicated to the fate of the last Carpathian Robin Oleksa. Until now, Kolochava is visited annually by many tourists from the Czech Republic.
Kolochava is known primarily as a village-Museum. There are as many as ten Museum institutions operating here. They are dedicated to folk architecture, narrow-gauge railway, bokorash Soviet school, Czech school, Arpad line, internationalist soldiers, UPA soldiers and Ivan Olbracht. Each Museum impresses with its uniqueness and uniqueness.
At first, there was a wooden fortification on the site of the Khust castle. Later, on the orders of the Hungarian kings, the fortress was rebuilt and made of stone. This reconstruction took a century from 1090 to 1191. Today, the remains of the fortress are barely visible through the trees. In the middle ages, Khust castle was known as an impregnable fortress.
The situation of the Orthodox clergy in Transcarpathia in the XVI-XVII centuries deteriorated significantly. He was oppressed by both Catholics and Protestants. In the confrontation between Catholics and Protestants, the Orthodox clergy decided to compromise with Rome. So on April 24, 1646, in Uzhgorod castle, 63 Orthodox priests led by Vasyl Tarasovich in the presence of the Catholic Bishop of Yeger, Gyorgy Yakushich, accepted the Union, that is, they agreed to join their Church to the Catholic one and recognized the supremacy of the Pope. However, a number of exceptions were made, in particular, the rite of the Greek Church was preserved. The agreement was implemented very slowly. Only in 1651, Rome approved the first Greek Catholic Bishop of Mukachevo, Peter parthenius. Only in 1771 was the Greek Catholic diocese of Mukachevo itself canonized.